How do I plan for my future?
Planning Your Future
It's never too early to start planning your future, especially when it comes to your education. A big part of planning your education is figuring out where the money will come from.
Our program provides money to Manitobans who need help paying for school. There are loans, that have to be paid back, but there are also grants and bursaries that don't have to be paid back.
Funding Your Education
There are lots of other ways you can pay for school:
- Personal Funds:
- Registered Savings Plans:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Summer and part-time jobs
- Bursaries and Scholarships
- Community Organizations, Band Funding, Training and Employment Services, etc.
Planning Your Education
Planning your future education brings up a lot of questions: What kind of career do I want? Where am I going to go to school? The biggest question is often: How will I pay for everything?
The links below can help you find some answers:
What kind of career do you want?
- Government of Canada, Youth – On this website, you'll find information on employment, including career choices, training, education and job offers.
Where do you want to go to school?
- School Finder – Search for Canadian universities, community colleges and scholarship options.
How much is all this going to cost?
What are some other ways of paying for school?
- Scholarships Canada – This is an extensive database of various award opportunities for students within Canada.
- Disability Awards – Services and resources for students with disabilities.
- Aboriginal Multi-Media Society – This website contains information on career opportunities, scholarships and more for Aboriginal students.
- Indspire – A charity that provides financial awards and programs to support education for Indigenous people.
How do I make a budget and keep myself on track?
- Canadian Bankers Assocation – This is an interactive financial planning website geared toward youth.
- Seed Winnipeg – This organization offers a variety of resources and programs to help you with budgeting, financial planning and economic development.
- Student Employment Opportunities – This website provides information on student employment.
The Manitoba Student Aid application is now available to full-time students attending classes during the 2023-2024 application year.
For more information on the 2023-2024 program year changes visit the Program Updates page.