A country road with a wire fence surrounded by trees and bush-land

Non-Funded Independent Schools

In Manitoba, parents may choose to send their children to a non-funded independent school.

The Independent and International Education Unit (IIEU) of Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning (the department) monitors and supports non-funded independent schools throughout the province.

Non-funded independent schools are encouraged to be legally incorporated, but it is not required. Non-funded independent schools are not required to employ certified teachers or teach the Manitoba curriculum. The curriculum chosen for instruction must be approved by the department.

Schools in Manitoba

For a list of current non-funded independent schools in Manitoba, refer to the Schools in Manitoba book (see section on non-funded independent schools) or conduct a schools in Manitoba search.