The Student Services Unit (SSU) offers clinical/counselling consultant supports to school clincians/counsellors, student teams, families, and schools.
The clinical/counselling team hold their permanent school clinician's certificate and often provide supervision for new clincians/counsellors working in Manitoba schools to assist them in meeting permanent professional certification. The SSU clinician/counselling may provide supervision in the areas of:
Information for Schools, Students and Families
In addition to direct supervision, the SSU clinician/counselling consultants also provide workshops on topics relevant to the school clinician role, consultative support to school teams working with students with special needs, support to school divisions regarding clinical/counselling services, participate on inter-sectoral initiatives, and are members of the Special Needs Funding Review Team.
For rural/northern school divisions with periodic reduced clinician supports, direct clinical service is available from the Student Services Unit on a student-by-student referral basis.
Please follow the links on the left to find out more information about a specific clinical/counselling area as well as contact information.
- The Manitoba Education Rural and Northern Clinician Bursary
- The Professional Certification Unit – School Clinician Certification
- The Manitoba School Counsellors’ Association
- The Manitoba Association of Social Workers & The Manitoba Institute of Registered Social Workers
- The Manitoba Speech and Hearing Association
- The Manitoba Association of School Psychologists
- The Psychological Association of Manitoba
Legislation, Standards and Policies
- Appropriate Educational Programming Regulation 155/2005 ( 122 KB)
- Appropriate Educational Programming in Manitoba: Standards for Student Services
( 130 KB)
- Manitoba Pupil File Guidelines
( 221 KB)
Revised January 2012
- Appropriate Educational Programming: A Handbook for Student Services
Program and Student Services
Toll Free in Manitoba: 1-800-282-8069, ext. 7907