Professional Certification

Professional School Personnel Certification in Manitoba

Professional school personnel include the classroom teacher, school clinician, school administrator, special education teacher, special education coordinator, school counsellor, and vocational teacher.

Certification of Professional School Personnel is a provincial responsibility therefore the requirements for certification differ from province to province.

A valid Manitoba Teaching or School Clinician Certificate is required to be employed as professional school personnel in Manitoba.

Post-Secondary education completed outside of Canada requires a course-by-course evaluation by the World Education Services (WES). This course-by-course evaluation must be mailed directly to the Professional Certification Unit (PCU) from WES. Please refer to the Application Process for more information.

The information provided on this website is subject to change. For more specific information, please contact the Professional Certification Unit.