Professional Certification

Post-Secondary Education Completed Outside of Canada or the United States of America

Post-Secondary education completed outside of Canada or the United States of America requires an ICAP course-by-course evaluation by the World Education Services (WES). This course-by-course evaluation must be mailed DIRECTLY to the Professional Certification Unit from WES. There is a fee payable to WES for this service.

The following are the basic steps to request a course-by-course evaluation of your post-secondary education obtained outside of Canada or the United States of America from WES:

  1. Go to the WES Website
  2. Click Begin Application
  3. Select Canada for your evaluation
  4. Select WES Standard Application
  5. Create an account to submit an application
  6. Add Manitoba Education and Training (PCU) as a recipient for your evaluation report
  7. Select WES ICAP Course-by-Course as the evaluation type
  8. After the evaluation is completed, WES will send a report and copies of your verified transcripts directly to PCU and a copy of the report to you for your records.

For additional questions about obtaining a course-by-course evaluation or support with your WES, please contact WES directly.

World Education Services
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Telephone: 416-972-0070
Fax: 416-972-9004

The Professional Certification Unit will only accept course-by course evaluation reports sent directly from WES and not through any other agencies.


The Professional Certification Unit uses the WES course-by-course evaluation report as a tool for evaluation purposes, however approved credentials/course work remains at the discretion of the Professional Certification Unit. The Professional Certification Unit reserves the right to request further documentation, if required.