Education and Training

Professional Certification

Professional School Personnel Certification in Manitoba

Professional school personnel include the classroom teacher, school clinician, administrator, special education teacher, special education coordinator, school counsellor,and vocational teacher.

Certification of Professional School Personnel is a provincial responsibility therefore the requirements for certification are not the same from province to province.

A valid Manitoba teaching or clinician certificate must be held in order to be employed as professional school personnel in Manitoba.

Requirement for Internationally Educated Teachers New!
Effective July 1, 2016

Effective July 1, 2016, Internationally Educated Applicants applying for a teaching certificate in Manitoba must first obtain an assessment of their academic credentials from World Education Services (WES). Please refer to WES Assessment of Academic Credentials for more information.

The information provided on this website is subject to change. For more specific information, please contact the Professional Certification and Student Records Unit.

Share This