Education and Training
Policy and Planning
High School Diploma
To obtain a Mature Student High School Diploma under the Grade 9 to Grade 12 (Senior 1 to Senior 4) Mature Student Graduation Requirements (2003), a student
- must be 19 years of age or over at the time of enrolment in school division/district or ALC programming directed at completing the Mature Student Graduation Requirements, or reach the age of 19 before completion of the course(s) in which he or she is enrolled
- must have been out of school six months or more, and out of school long enough for the class, of which he or she was last a member, to have graduated from Senior Years; and
- has not obtained a high school diploma.
Students can enrol in a school division/district or ALC for the purpose of obtaining the Mature Student High School Diploma if they are eligible as described above.
Courses are available from
- Distance Learning, telephone (toll free in Manitoba): 1-800-465-9915
- a Manitoba high school or
- an Adult Learning Center
For information on how to complete a high school diploma as a mature student see Mature Student Graduation Requirements.