Education and Training
Welcome to the Aboriginal Education Directorate website. The Aboriginal Education Directorate provides leadership and co-ordination for departmental initiatives in Aboriginal education and training. The Aboriginal Education Directorate operates from within Manitoba Education and Training and Manitoba Aboriginal and Northern Affairs. The primary role of the Aboriginal Education Directorate is in research, policy development and strategic initiatives. This is accomplished in the spirit of cooperation and consultation with many groups and individuals, such as school administrators, educators, students, parents, Aboriginal and community organizations and other government departments. The Aboriginal Education Directorate works in partnership with First Nations communities and organization in Manitoba. The Directorate’s work is supported by the guidance of two advisory councils from the Aboriginal community.
The Directorate has developed a graphic that represents an authentic Aboriginal perspective. Please read the graphic information for the story of its history and creation.
- Aboriginal Academic Achievement Grant (AAA)
- First Nation, Métis and Inuit Education Policy Framework (DRAFT) 2016-2019
- School and School Division Reporting and Planning
- Aboriginal Education and Employment Action Plan
- Aboriginal Education and Training
- Aboriginal Identity Declaration
- Building Student Success with Aboriginal Parents
- Community Schools Partnership Initiative
- Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Making Education Work
- Residential Schools Survivors Social Studies Project
- Aboriginal Educator of the Month
- Kaskíhtawin Bursary