Professional Certification

For Internationally Educated Teachers

For Internationally Educated Teachers Banner

Financial Help

There is a cost to complete the teacher certification process. At a minimum, you must pay World Education Services (WES) a fee of $245.00 CAD (Canadian Funds) to evaluate your academic credentials. You must also pay PCU a fee of $200.00 CAD (Canadian Funds) for your certification application.

You may be required to complete further education to obtain full certification. There may be a cost associated for completing this further education requirement. Below is a list of programs that may help you with these costs:

Employment Manitoba
Employment Manitoba delivers a full range of employment and training services to residents of Manitoba. Internationally Educated Professionals in need of assistance to re-enter their professions may be eligible for financial supports to help pay for costs such as tuition, books and living expenses. To learn more about these supports and the eligibility requirements, please visit an Employment Manitoba Centre in person. Visit the Employment Manitoba Centre website to find the Employment Centre nearest to you.

Manitoba Student Aid
Manitoba Student Aid is a supplemental financial assistance program for Manitobans who do not have sufficient resources to pay for their post-secondary education on their own. They provide various types of funding on behalf of the Manitoba Student Aid Program and the Canada Student Loans and Grants Programs. This funding includes repayable government student loans and non-repayable grants and/or bursaries. All applications are assessed to determine eligibility and financial need. To learn more visit Manitoba Student Aid.

Continue to “Application Process