The following resources support the teachers as they implement Literacy with ICT in their classrooms.
The handbook outlines the role of ICT in classroom learning, teaching and assessment .
Versions of each of the posters are available in PDF for easy printing.
- a wall-size poster of the developmental continuum
- online student-friendly versions of the continuum descriptors that enable student self-assessment
- posters of each of the fours snapshots of student literacy with ICT that span various grades
Parent Pamphlet and Posters
The parent pamphlet provides a practical view of Literacy with ICT in the classroom. Parents or guardians will find practical ideas about supporting children's use of ICT at home in safe and responsible ways.
This is an updated version of the bibliography referencing materials that support LwICT.
Impact of ICT on Learning: An Analysis of Resources and Annotated Bibliography
Due to the short ‘shelf life’ of studies related to the impact of ICT on student achievement and engagement, this analysis examines mainly studies published in the last five years and is based on the following two caveats:
- ICTs should not be seen as the focus of the learning process
- Pedagogy must be put ahead of ICT
Web-Based Resources for LwICT
The LwICT wikis provide readily available practical information and support for the implementation of LwICT.
This LwICT Social Bookmarking site lists and annotates professional articles and reports available online.
- Helpful Resources for Parents
Resources that can answer parents’ questions and help them to participate in developing their child's literacy with ICT.