Needs Used to Develop Shared-Service Goals
- All children, including Tim, need to be safe in the school.
- There must be an alternative to school for Tim when he is highly unmanageable in school and risks the safety of other students.
- Foster parents need to insure that valuables in their home are not damaged, particularly those that are difficult to replace.
- Foster parents need to know that when Tim leaves home in anger, there are supports to help find him and help him find a way to return unharmed.
- Tim needs to develop a sense of trust in trustworthy adults.
- Tim needs to find an more acceptable ways to deal with feelings of shame.
- Tim needs to realize that there is a connection between what he does and positive things that happen.
- Tim needs to begin to see himself as a competent learner.
- Tim needs to learn new social skills and develop positive friendships.
Personal / Emotional
- Tim needs to know that his environment is safe and predictable.
- Tim needs to know that basic needs such as food are housing will be available.
- Tim needs high support and preparation when new tasks are to be faced.
- Tim needs low stress times to get himself (feelings, fears, anxieties) under control.
- Tim needs the opportunity to talk to an involved adult before and after parental visits.
- Tim needs the opportunity to use his "helping" talents with young children and adult.