Determination of Eligibility for Funding and the Application Process -- September 30th --
At the School:
Determine the need for Level 2 or 3 funding:
- Review the Manitoba Education, Guidelines for Special Needs Funding document and the Annotated Descriptors for each category to determine whether students meet the criteria for Level 2 or 3 support.
- A copy of the Guidelines and Descriptors are available by contacting the Student Services Administrator in your school division.
- The Guidelines and Annotated Descriptors are also available on the Manitoba Education website.
Complete Funding Application:
- Complete the funding application form for every student under consideration.
- Deaf/hard of hearing Category: Attach current audiogram (within 1 year of application)
- Please summarize pertinent clinical information in Sections 1 and 2 on the application form.
- Do not send in supporting documentation from clinicians, medical personnel, other government departments (e.g. Family Services), photographs, parent letters or videos.
Forward all funding applications to your Student Services Administrator before the deadline date provided by your school division.
NOTE: Level 3 Emotional Behavioural Disorders (EBD) and Unified Referral and Intake System (URIS) applications:
- Level 3 EBD applications require a multi-system plan. Specific requirements of the application process are outlined in the Interdepartmental Protocol Agreement for Children/Adolescents with Severe to Profound Emotional/Behavioural Disorders.
- Level 3 URIS applications require a URIS application and a health care plan. Specific requirements of the application process are outlined in the URIS Policy and Procedural Manual.