Portability of Funding: Transfer Notification Form
To be used between October 1 - June 30
- Students who were approved funding for the school year or had been deemed eligible for multi-year funding in a school division and then moved to a different school division will automatically be granted funding in the receiving school. A new funding application is not required.
- Funding is retroactive to the date that the student begins school (start date) in the new school.
- If a student enrolls in the school and you are unsure if funding has been approved for the current school year or if multi-year funding has been granted in a previous school division, contact your Student Services Administrator for clarification.
- Schools should notify your Student Services Administrator of all new funded students entering your school between October 1 and December 31 and January 1 and June 30.
- For students arriving in your school division who have received approval for funding or multi-year funding in a different school division please send in a Transfer Notification Form to Manitoba Education (see sample form).
- Contact Manitoba Education to confirm funding status on students entering your school division who may have been approved for funding for the current school year in another school division, or may have been approved for multi-year funding.
- Please note that these students must be included on your January Additions/Deletions Form or your June Additions Form.
- Transfer notification forms received are date stamped and reviewed to ensure all required information is included.
- Discrepancies are communicated to the Student Services Administrator.
- Transfer notification forms are filed and cross-referenced during the January Additions/Deletions funding period or the June Additions funding period.