- Listening and Speaking: First Steps into Literacy:
A Support Document for
Kindergarten Teachers and Speech-Language Pathologists
The purpose of this document is to help Kindergarten teachers and speech-language pathologists (SLPs) enhance the oral language of all Kindergarten children within the playful literacy learning work and talk of the Kindergarten classroom.
- Tutorial: How to use the ELA Foundation for Implementation
This tutorial is designed to help educators make meaning of the English Language Arts: Foundation for Implementation, 1998 document (FFI). Learning to use this document for planning is an effective and efficient means to quality learning, teaching and assessing learning and teaching.
- Developmental Reading Continuum (Phase 1)
This developmental continuum is a curriculum-based, formative (assessment for learning) tool for use by educators and students.
- Reading and Writing in Action
This teacher support document and resource for instruction and classroom-based assessment consists of two vignettes that are windows into two different Grade 8 classroom learning communities. The learning/teaching contexts and strategies referenced in the vignettes are included at the end of this document to assist teachers in planning for the specific next steps in the students’ learning journeys.
- Quality Literature List
Presents annotated bibliographies of literature titles that have been successfully used by many classroom teachers and teacher-librarians organized using the developmental stages of the current Developmental Reading Continuum (Phase 1) and stages beyond this first phase. These titles are not reviewed or endorsed by the Department and do not carry a Manitoba recommended designation.
- Me Read? No Way! A practical guide to improving boys' literacy skills
This guide for teachers is to support student success in literacy. Based on an international review of effective practices, this guide is intended to stimulate discussion of this important issue among educators.
- Choices at Grade 11 and Grade 12
- Post-Secondary Acceptance of New Senior Years English Language Arts/English Language Arts Immersion/Anglais Curricula
- Manitoba Curriculum Framework of Outcomes and Standards Documents
- A Foundation for Implementation Overviews
- Optional Curriculum Documents
- Kindergarten to Grade 8 General and Specific Outcomes and Outcome Maps
Post-Secondary Acceptance of English Language Arts Curricula (Updated November 2009)Helping Your Child Learn to Read: A Parent's Guide
This parent guide presents information about the reading process and describes strategies to assist parents in reading aloud and shared reading at home.